Did you know that 1 in 5 children in the U.S. live in poverty? That means 16 million kids will go without basic school supplies this year? Wondering how you can help? Good news: Staples is making it easy for its customers to give back this season with the Staples for Students national school supply drive. Now through September 15th, Staples and DoSomething.org are encouraging teens to collect school supplies to help local students in need.
Here’s how it works:
1. SIGN UP: Head over to DoSomething.org staples to donate school supplies. You can run a drive in your community, or help on your own. Even one box of pens can make a difference.
2. SHARE THE STATS: Send 5 friends the stats on student poverty and you could win a $2000 scholarship!
3. DROP OFF SUPPLIES: Take the supplies you’ve collected to your local Staples store and drop them off. (Plus, If you tell us about it, you’ll be entered to win free movie tickets!)
4. SPREAD THE WORD: Click here to share the campaign. For each share, $1 dollar will be donated to provide school supplies for students in need.
Shake It Up’s Bella Thorne is the face and voice behind the campaign. Watch this:
To celebrate this fabulous campaign, I am giving away a $25 gift card to shop at Staples. You can use it to contribute to this campaign, or you can use it to buy your child’s school supplies to get ready for the school year.
All you have to do is comment below.
You can get additional entries by doing one of or more of the following:
– Follow The Culture Mom on Facebook.
– Follow The Culture Mom on Twitter.
– Follow The Culture Mom on Pinterest.
– Tweet out: ”I just entered to win a $25 @Staples giftcard at @TheCultureMom http://bit.ly/ODOUrV
This giveaway will end on Friday, June 20th. Winner will be posted here as well and will have 24 hours to accept the prize or will go to the runner-up.
Disclosure: I have partnered with Staples to present this opportunity to my readers. I was not compensated to write this post.