Looking to getaway without the kids for a week this summer? All moms need a break, and taking a week off is the best way to rejuvenate your spirit and soul. While it’s great to travel with the kids, a week away on your own won’t hurt anyone. With the proper childcare in place, all worries can be alleviated in your absence. With nothing to worry about, why not have an adventure on your own? Here at the Culture Mom, we’re all about finding your spirit and running with it. Go with a friend, go on your own. Feel no guilt. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to get away without the kids, and if you can find a way to do it, you’ll come back revived….and a better mom for it.
Have you been to Scotland? I’ve spent much time traveling around Edinburgh and Glasgow, but I’m dying to see more of the country’s breathtaking scenery.
What better way to see Scotland than riding along its beautiful seaside coasts and lochs, through its verdant hills, dramatic munroes and beaucolic villages? In honor of National Tartan Day (April 6th), celebrating Americans of Scottish decent, Ciclismo Classico is offering a $200 discount per person on their “maiden voyages” of the new Bike Across Scotland package. There are two options for eight-day rides, departing on June 18th or August 6th, from Inverness in the Highlands and covers 250 miles before ending in the coastal village of Gairloch.
Why book now? This sizable discount is ONLY available for bookings made during Scotland Week 2011, which runs from April 1st-7th
Package highlights include:
- Eight-days of cycling June 18-25, 2011 or August 6-13
- Accommodations at three- and four-star country inns
- Rides along lochs, islands, forests, and mountains, including the highest pass in the UK!
- Opportunities to view local wildlife, ranging from dolphins to osprey
- A tour of the 13th century Urquhart Castle along the banks of Loch Ness
- A taste of Scotland with locally-sourced and seasonal dining experiences
- A whiskey tasting at one of Scotland’s oldest distilleries in Glen Ord
Price (with the $200 discount per person): From US $3,395 per person (single supplement US$800);
2011 tour dates: June 18-25 or August 6-13
To book, visit the Bike Across Scotland web site.